Bringing back the banana bread craze. Just because lockdown is lifting, doesn't mean that the traditions have to either. We've taken it that step further by adding our Clean Lean Protein, lets get baking!
Ready in 60 minutes
- 2 Large ripe bananas (plus 1 for decoration- optional)
- 50g vegan butter, melted
- 100g coconut sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas in a large bowl, then add the melted butter and sugar, stir to combine
- Add the flour, protein powder, milk, cinnamon and baking soda and stir until fully combined and a thick cake batter forms.
- Add the chopped chocolate and fold through until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and level out with a spoon.
- (optional) halve the final banana vertically using a sharp knife and place on top of the banana bread.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and a skewer, when inserted comes out clean.
- Coconut sugar can be substituted for any other granulated sugar like soft brown sugar or light muscovado.
- Vegan butter can be substituted for coconut oil or olive oil.