1 min read
Ginger and Turmeric Soup
1 brown onion
3 cups chopped pumpkin or squash
1 cup chopped potato
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
1 thumb sized piece of turmeric, grated
3 cups vegetable stock, salt reduced
2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
1 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
Optional for topping
- Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and potato, garlic, ginger and turmeric and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk to the pot and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and place lid on the pot to cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend the mixture using an immersion (handheld) blender. Alternatively, you could transfer the mixture to a high-speed blender.
- Add the protein powder and blend again until completely incorporated in the soup. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve topped with a dollop of coconut yogurt and pumpkin seeds.